2-factor (2 FA) authentication using an Authenticator for platform login
2-factor authentication is available on request to the Service Desk. After entering your user ID and password, you will will use a code from an Authenticator app on your mobile phone before you can access the platform.
To enable 2FA using an authenticator
- Request 2FA login to your platform through Contact Support in the platforms, available in the account section under Other > Contact Support.
- Select General enquiry
- And add 'Please enable my account for 2 factor login with an authenticator' for the description.
Our Service Desk will reply with a message when your account has been enabled for 2 factor authentication.
Authenticator Apps on your mobile phone
For 2FA with an authenticator you need to have an Authenticator app installed on you mobile phone which will be used to generate codes that you will need to access the trading platforms.
Many authenticator apps are available and you may already have an authenticator which you can also use to log into you Saxo trading platforms.
Some popular (free) authenticator apps include:
- Microsoft Authenticator (iOS)
- Microsoft Authenticator (Android)
- Google Authenticator (iOS)
- Google Authenticator (Android)
Many other authenticator apps are available that can also be used to log into your platform.
To register your Authenticator app
The first time you log into the platform when 2FA using an authenticator has been enabled, you will be required to register your authenticator:
- scan the QR code presented on screen from your authentication app.
- if you cannot scan the QR code, enter the registration code
Enter the current code from the authenticator in you platform and click OK to complete the registration.
To access the platform when 2 factor on desktop platforms
After logging in,
Enter the code from your authenticator app.
New or lost phone
If you have lost or changed your mobile phone number, please contact Client Account Services to reset your account so you can register your new phone number.