Saxo offers 2-factor authentication (2FA) for logging in to your account. 2FA means when logging in, our platform will require 2 different passwords:
This is how you activate 2FA and use an authenticator:
Enable 2FA using an authenticator
Note: Before you proceed, make sure you have an authenticator app on your smartphone. Find out more in the section Authenticator Apps on your mobile phone.
- Go to the menu > Settings > Login & Security > 2-factor authentication (2FA) - Change 2FA settings
- Select Use an authenticator and click OK.
- A barcode and a secret key will be displayed.
- Launch your authenticator app and scan the barcode or copy and paste the secret key if you are using mobile.
- A 6-digit passcode will be displayed.
- Enter the code and click OK to complete the registration.
Access the platform with 2FA
After logging in with your usual password,
Enter the code from your authenticator app to access your account.
Authenticator Apps on your mobile phone
For 2FA login you need to have an authenticator app installed on your mobile phone which will generate codes that you will need to access to your account.
There are many authenticator apps available and you may already have an authenticator which you can also use to log into your Saxo trading platforms.
Some popular (free) authenticator apps include:
- Microsoft Authenticator (iOS)
- Microsoft Authenticator (Android)
- Google Authenticator (iOS)
- Google Authenticator (Android)
Go back to Enable 2FA using an authenticator
New or lost phone
If you have lost or changed your mobile phone number, please contact Client Services to register your new phone number.