2-factor (2 FA) authentication using an Authenticator for platform login
After entering your user ID and password, you will use a code from an Authenticator app on your mobile phone before you can access the platform.
To enable 2FA using an authenticator
Note: Before you proceed make sure you have an authenticator app on your smartphone. Find out more in the section Authenticator Apps on your mobile phone.
- From SaxoTraderGO or PRO click Menu > Settings > 2-factor authentication (2FA) - Change 2FA settings
- Select Use an authenticator and click OK.
- A barcode will be displayed.
- Launch your authenticator app and scan the barcode.
- A passcode made of 6 digits will be displayed.
- Enter the code and click OK to complete the registration.
To access the platform with 2-factor
After logging in with your usual password,
Enter the code from your authenticator app to access your account.
Authenticator Apps on your mobile phone
For 2FA with an authenticator you need to have an Authenticator app installed on you mobile phone which will be used to generate codes that you will need to access the trading platforms.
Many authenticator apps are available and you may already have an authenticator which you can also use to log into you Saxo trading platforms.
Some popular (free) authenticator apps include:
- Microsoft Authenticator (iOS)
- Microsoft Authenticator (Android)
- Google Authenticator (iOS)
- Google Authenticator (Android)
Many other authenticator apps are available that can also be used to log into your platform. Go back to To enable 2FA using an authenticator.
New or lost phone
If you have lost or changed your mobile phone number, please contact Client Account Services to register your new phone number.