What does it mean if I have a HIN account?
- Platform experience is still the same.
- Stocks will be directly held under your name (only ASX – AU stocks).
- You will receive all your ASX corporate actions via mail (paper).
- Only available to clients of Saxo Markets (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
If I have a HIN account, where do my dividends go?
- Your nominated external bank account.
What is the difference between custody account and HIN account?
- Name held in
- Custody: Stocks held under custodian - Saxo Markets (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
- HIN: AU stocks held under the client's name.
- Corporate Actions
- Custody: Online on the platform.
- HIN: AU stocks will receive correspondence on corporate actions via paper mail.
- Voting rights
- Custody: None
- HIN: Given voting rights.
- Current commissions
- Custody: AUD 6.99 minimum
- HIN: AUD 14.90 minimum
- For the prevailing costs/commissions, please always refer to the to the trading conditions in the platform. The rates above are subject to change.
- Custody: Will be allocated to Saxo trading account.
- HIN: Will be allocated to your nominated external bank account.
Which is better?
- Personal preference
Is execution the same on the platform?
Are my international stocks also under a HIN?
- No, only AU stocks.
Can I have a HIN account and have access to trade listed AU options?
- No. For technical reasons not able to give you access to trade listed AU options, when you are on a HIN setup.
Can I move my current Saxo account under HIN?
- No, unfortunately we can only offer HIN account to new accounts.