How to set up instructions to receive dividends as cash or securities?
It is possible to place an instruction for upcoming dividends to be booked as cash or securities.
A standing instruction is a rule that defines how an election should be automatically performed.
Standing instructions only apply to corporate action event of type DRIP (dividend reinvestment plan) or DVOP (dividend Option) and not for any other event.
Whenever a voluntary event occurs of type DRIP or DVOP, an election should automatically be made for either Cash or Securities.
How to set up a Standing instruction
In SaxoTraderGO/PRO: Go to > Corporate action > Events
1. Open Standing instructions module, click ADD INSTRUCTION.
2. Choose to Receive cash or Receive securities, then choose an account and an instrument. Click APPLY.
3. Instructions placed. In below example it is to receive cash for Apple stock. It is possible to delete it or to add another one, repeating steps above.
Standing instructions FAQs
Can I add a Standing Instruction for any event other than Dividend Option or Dividend Reinvestment?
No, unfortunately, this is not possible.
How does Standing Instruction work?
The Standing Instructions works when:
1) A new event is published and the existing Standing Instruction has applied automatically.
2) Event exists as Active and client adds a new Standing Instruction.
3) User elects manually on an Active event and then adds a new Standing Instruction and then it overwrites the existing election.
Can I remove my Standing Instruction?
Yes, you can.
Can I override an election passed through my Standing Instruction?
No, you cannot. If you wish to elect another option other than what you have set up in your Standing Instructions, you first need to remove your election option in Standing Instructions and then manually elect through Active Events, or set up the new standing instruction you wish.
What is an Instruction indicator?
When an election is performed and processed in the Corporate Action Voluntary Events module, an indicator ‘Instruction Processing in Progress’ is shown until it is sent and confirmed by our Corporate Actions system. Upon receipt of confirmation, you will notice that ‘Acknowledged/Accepted’ indicator is shown.
Where can I find the pay date, ex-date etc. for a specific event?
You can see all the details of an event, including pay date etc., in the event details window in the Corporate Action Voluntary Events module.