How do I request the account closure?
Should you choose to close your account with Saxo, you can do so from within our platforms:
- Simply click on the main menu
- Go to Your account > Request account services
- Click Close my account
Here you will find information on what actions are required from you or if we can perform them on your behalf.
An account can be closed when the following has been done:
Saxo is striving to simplify this process by automating the above actions, but for the time being there might be some actions required from you, and this will be explained when you start the account closure request.
When can Saxo automatically close the account for me?
If you have a single currency account, for example, just one account in USD, and no other types of accounts such as SaxoSelect, or an Aktiesparekonto (Denmark only), Saxo can automatically close trades, withdraw money, send you reports, and finally process the account closure.
For any other case, you should perform those actions before you request the account closure:
- Cancel orders (Link to the cancel orders article, if any?)
- Close positions (Link to the close position article?)
- Withdraw your Cash (Link to Withdraw cash article),
Note, when you close positions you will have to wait until the cash is available to be withdrawn, usually 2 business days later.
- Download account and transactions statements (Link to Download reports)