How to set up a Standing instruction
In SaxoTraderGO: please go to Account > Other > Corporate action events
In SaxoTraderPRO: please go to ADD MODULE > Other > Corporate action events
In SaxoInvestor: please go to Settings icon > Corporate actions
1. Open STANDING INSTRUCTIONS module, click Add.
2. Choose to receive CASH or SECURITIES, from which account (if you have more than one), instrument and hit OK.
3. Instructions placed. In below example it is to receive cash for Apple stock. It is possible to remove it then or to add another one, repeating steps above.
Standing instructions FAQs
|Can I add a Standing Instruction for any event other than Dividend Option or Dividend Reinvestment?||No, unfortunately this is not possible.|
|How does Standing Instruction work?||
The Standing Instructions works when:
1) A new event is published and the existing Standing Instruction is applied automatically.
2) Event exists as Active and client adds a new Standing Instruction.
3) User elects manually on an Active event and then adds a new Standing Instruction and then it overwrites the existing election.
|Can I remove my Standing Instruction?||Yes, you can.|
|Can I override an election passed through my Standing Instruction?||No, you cannot. If you wish to elect another option other than what you have set up in your Standing Instructions, you first need to remove your election option in Standing Instructions and then manually elect through Active Events, or set up the new standing instruction you wish.|
|What is an Instruction indicator?||When an election is performed and processed in the Corporate Action Voluntary Events module, an indicator ‘Instruction Processing in Progress’ is shown until it is sent and confirmed by our Corporate Actions system. Upon receipt of a confirmation, you will notice that ‘Acknowledged/Accepted’ indicator is shown.|
|Where can I find the pay date, ex-date etc. for a specific event?||You can see all the details of an event, including pay date etc., in the event details window in the Corporate Action Voluntary Events module.|