To navigate to Closed Positions go to the main menu > Account activity and reports > Download report > Closed positions report.
The Closed Positions summary gives a breakdown of all positions on the account, that were closed during the reporting period. Closing a position refers to removing a position completely from an account by selling it off. The profit/loss shown under Closed positions, is calculated using the FIFO valuation method.
The Closed positions report can be read as follows:
- Instrument - the name of the security that was traded
- Open date - the date when the trade to open the position was executed
- Close date - the date when the trade to close the position was executed
- Quantity - the quantity or number of units traded
- Open price - the price that was paid to open the position. Opening a position refers to adding a new position to the Account
- Close price- the price at which the position was closed, and closing a position refers to executing a trade that removes a position completely from the Account
- Open Booked Amount - the transaction value of the opening position trade. The total amount (including costs) paid to add the position to the Account
- Close Booked Amount - the transaction value of the closing position trade. The total amount received in cash (when all the security trade-related costs have been paid), to remove the position from the Account
- Realized P/L - the difference between the transaction value to open a position and the transaction value to close a position. It is calculated as [Closing Booked Amount - Open Booked Amount]