In case of client death, we kindly request the Administrator/Executor of the deceased’s estate to contact Saxo.
As a minimum, we request the Administrator/Executor to provide us with the information/documentation below:
- A certified true copy of the Death Certificate.
- A certified true copy of the Grant of Probate / Letters of Administration (if available), conclusively evidencing that the Administrator/Executor is authorized to act in such capacity.
- Administrator/Executor’s full name.
- Administrator/Executor’s contact details.
- Certified true copies of the Administrator/Executor’s identification details and documents, such as Passport or Identification Card.
The list above is not exhaustive. Additional documentation may be requested, depending on the specific case.
Once Saxo has received sufficient documentation, it will be reviewed. Saxo may perform a callback to the Administrator/Executor to conduct identity verification. Once approved, Saxo will only take instructions from the Administrator/Executor on actions to be taken relating to the funds / open positions on the deceased client’s account (subject to compliance with Saxo’s internal policies), and we will proceed to close the respective Saxo account.
Unfortunately, it is not possible for an account holder to appoint a trustee/nominee in advance.
Saxo Bank contact details can be found here.