Depending on the country you are relocating to, the procedure will vary.
1. If you are relocating to a country not serviced by Saxo, you will not be able to maintain your account with us. Please find the countries serviced by Saxo here.
2. If you are moving to a country serviced by Saxo, however, a different Saxo entity/office is serving that country, you will need to close the current account and reopen a new account with that specific Saxo entity. For example, you are having an account with Saxo in Denmark, and you are moving to Singapore, then you need to close the account in Denmark and open a new account with Saxo office in Singapore. See our offices and entities here: contact us.
- You will not be able to directly transfer the cash from your old account to the new account and can only do withdrawals from the old account to your registered external bank account.
- However, you will be able to transfer the shares/bonds from your old account to the new account. Please contact Saxo office in the new country you move to, open the new account first then request to transfer the securities. Please note SaxoSelect and SaxoWealthCare as managed portfolio cannot be transferred across Saxo entities.
3. If you are not clear if you can maintain your Saxo account when moving to a different country, simply update your address and contact details in your account and Saxo will let you know if you cannot maintain the account.
Should you require more clarifications, please don’t hesitate to contact us.