Saxo offers pre-market trading as part of Algorithmic (Algo) orders strategies:
- A pre-market order is designed to trade in the pre-market session on the US markets only. The order will participate in the pre-market, and any residuals will be rolled into the continuous session as regular limit orders at the same limit price.
- Pre-market orders are available via the SaxoTraderGO/PRO platforms as US pre-market limit orders and must be enabled via the Algorithmic (Algo) order set up.
- Please note that US pre-market limits are currently available on Single Stock CFDs and Stocks.
- The only difference to a normal limit order is that this order allows participation in the pre-market session. The order will participate in the pre-market from 7:00 am, and any residual will be rolled into the continuous session as a regular limit order at the same limit price.
- Note: Be aware that liquidity typically is low in the pre-market session – so when orders are placed aggressively they might get filled closer to the limit price than anticipated.
To place an algorithmic order, you should choose an Algo order type in a trade ticket. If Algo order type is not available, please switch to Use Advanced Orders option.
Select Pre-Market limit strategy, adjust the relevant parameters, and place the order.
Please see The Algo orders description and guide for additional information.